[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Fix aic on PPC

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Jun 14 19:06:44 CEST 2014

Christophe Gisquet <christophe.gisquet <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.cvs/78589
>
> Not suscribed, so I indeed miss a lot of the context of
> your patch. It was not made obvious from the commit message.

(I believe the documentation states that developers
are expected to follow -cvslog, it at least did so
at one point in the past)

[...]

> 1) for an intra codec, a slighly less accurate idct may
> not cause that much of an issue

As said, I didn't think of this, thank you.

> 2) Your patch seems to remove the possibility for the
> user to select the iDCT

True, I didn't think of this either.
(And I apparently missed it in your mail.)

> 3) But your patch seems to provide the best accuracy
> across archs, and that's probably preferable to the
> user getting the idct wrong

I believe a "user" doesn't know what idct is and
can therefore neither get it right or wrong.
He just sees the broken output.

Carl Eugen