[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] set up targets for xdcam
nicolas.gaullier at arkena.com
Fri Jun 27 12:21:40 CEST 2014
>De : ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org [mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org] De la part de Derek Buitenhuis
>Envoyé : mercredi 11 juin 2014 19:24
>On 6/11/2014 6:22 PM, Dave Rice wrote:
>> I was going to work on setting up targets for xdcam and imx formats. Since there are so many possibilities, particularly for xdcam, I was considering making one target per fourcc. Any comments on this approach before I >continue?
>Have you checked how FFmbc does it?
I think FFMBC's way is a good start.
- framerate specified as usual with -r
- interlaced specified as usual with -tff
- everything else (including chroma and bitrate) comes from the target name
- Fourcc/-vtag should be set by the template (ffmbc set the vtags for imx but fail to set them for xdcamhd)
- Aspect-Ratio must be set to 16/9 for HD and a warning raised if not 4/3 nor 16/9 for SD.
At the end, a target would be rather represent a family of fourcc rather than a unique fourcc.
Target names would be : imx30, imx40, imx50, xdcamhd422 (ie. the 50Mb/s variant, all other variants are becoming rare nowadays, I don't know if you intend to include them)
More information about the ffmpeg-devel