[FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 00:49:21 CET 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "compn" <tempn at twmi.rr.com>
To: <ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2014 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Bug Tracker Etiquette is Unacceptable

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 17:36:43 -0500
> "Don Moir" <donmoir at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> As far as your tools go, I don't believe they are strong enough to
>> fully test for thread safety.
>
> i agree, we could use 3rd party apps using libav* libs to fate
> test for regressions and thread safety. as long as they provide some
> source code.

I had hoped to create a better test app that determines problems for you, but you know, always busy with something else. The library
I created is extensive and contains a lot more than ffmpeg interface code.

As it is right now with ffmpeg tools, they expect more or less single instances of files so even patching that will be time
consuming.

The good news is I test the hell out of such things and TRY to let you know when there is a problem in this regard.

ffmpeg works very well for me now and has come a long way over the last couple of years.