[FFmpeg-devel] Stream with Closed caption does not set appropriate flag

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 05:38:59 CET 2014

"Reimar Döffinger" <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>On 09.03.2014, at 00:18, Nicolas George <george at nsup.org> wrote:
>> Le sextidi 16 ventôse, an CCXXII, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :
>>> Because we cannot currently extract it, and in general extracting CC
>>> data as a separate stream is problematic since it is designed to be
>>> reordered by the video decoder along with the image.
>>> It's of course solvable but a bit of an effort.
>>
>> It was discussed during the last VDD: if the extraction is done by
>the
>> decoder and the resulting captions attached to the frame as meta- or
>> side-data, then the reordering is automatically done by the video
>> processing.

Its even implement by Michael for mpeg1-2 and h263, I am able to extract the cc using frame- side database
>But that doesn't help any with the problem here: we have no way to
>signal that a subtitle track is available from the demuxer, nor any of
>its parameters, or?
>
>> Of course, that does not fit well in the protocol/demuxer/decoder
>stack
>> model, but it is better than nothing, and I can see ways of making it
>> actually useful for common tasks.
>
>Better than nothing, sure. It's still crap, and it does not just "not
>fit well", but rather "it's barely usable". Can you even use it at all
>from command-line ffmpeg? ffplay? How about VDPAU (I guess it should
>still work, but not sure anyone tested)?

What is vdpau?

Just now ffprobe does not parse enough frames,
but if I am able to parse more info, then we can add some flag at AvStream  structure.
showing that there is closed_caption inside that video stream.

My question is that, do we have any problem if we increase number of packets read at time av_find_ stream info?