[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] lavf: more correct printf format specifiers

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:53:49 CET 2014

On 3/12/2014 12:45 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Your attempt at clarifying still does not work. int is 32-bits on all
> 64-bits platforms I know, and that is exactly what permits "unsigned int =
> uint32_t".

Sorry, I mistaken about amd64 -- I was thinking of long, which differs on Windows64. Apologies.
(Can't remember if the IA-64 ABI has true 64-bit ints or not)

However, int is not guaranteed to be 32-bits -- iirc, the spec leaves it up to the
compiler implementation, so it's not a guarantee. If it was, there would be no
reason to use uint32_t anyway.

- Derek