[FFmpeg-devel] Add Lame tag to the Xing/Info header of mp3 files - Fixes ticket #3577
giovanni.motta at gmail.com
Wed May 28 03:19:46 CEST 2014
Fixes ticket #3577
A few notes/comments:
- A failing FATE test has been updated with new CRC.
- The Lame info tag is generated by libmp3lame and passed to the mp3enc via extradata.
- To keep the size of the tag constant and simplify the code, vbr_scale is always added.
- The Lame string vendor in the tag is fixed length, so vendor is trimmed
to 9 bytes and padded with 0x20 if shorter.
- replay_gain and find_peak need a version of lame patched with
libmp3lame/lame.c Revision 1.367 (patch tracker item #66): http://sourceforge.net/p/lame/patches/66/
They have no effect otherwise.
- find_peak_sample only works if Lame is configured with --enable-decoder.
It has no effect otherwise.
- Some fields in the Lame tag are not set because not accessible from
the set/get API (preset and noise shaping, for example). I will bring this to
the attention of the Lame developers and help there with any change if we
decide to merge the patch.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel