[FFmpeg-devel] FFserver bug?

Lukasz Marek lukasz.m.luki2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 00:25:54 CET 2014

On 02.11.2014 23:34, Sevan Gelici wrote:
> I still don't have tested old gits. But i will try to expain. A half year
> ago i installed ffmpeg and i made a configuration file. When i start this
> bitrate was going up to 2000kbs max. I updated and now it will go higher
> like its sum up or something, in some seconds the content bitrate will be
> 40 mb and still go higher.
>
> I also reinstalled the system.
>
> Maybe my configuration is old and that causes the problem.

Offtopic:
regarding config: partitions, directpred (it should be direct-pred),
wpredp are x264 options and ffserver doesn't send them to ffmpeg that
serves a stream. Any private option for any codec is not supported yet.
They have no meaning and now they are treated as errors. (in near future
I will add posibility to set them)

Also VideoGopSize is as alias for AVOptionVideo g

But this doesn't cause the issue anyway.

I noticed that commenting out
VideoSize 1280x720
reduces bitrate back to 1500kbit/s which is correct.

Why setting VideoSize has such strange effect - I dont know.
I just checked ffserver and ffm format and there is everything ok with
these width and height.