[FFmpeg-devel] WinRT API support patch

Jesse Jiang jessejiang0214 at outlook.com
Fri Nov 21 04:51:12 CET 2014

Hi All,
I did some research, rand() is pseudo random. CryptGenRandom is the system-wide seed, but it cannot be used in Windows RT.
I try to use CryptographicBuffer, which is Windows RT API, but there is a problem. This API needs to link Windows.winmd. The Windows.winmd just like a DLL, but it may different from Windows RT and Windows Phone. First, the SDKs are in the different PATH,Second, the files are also different.
It means that developer need to choice platform first, and then compiler for different library.
I hope ffmpeg only depends on support win32 apis and CRT apis.
So is there any way to instead of srand(time(0)); rand(); ? How about c++11 <random> or Mersenne twister Algorithmic
Best regards,Jesse