[FFmpeg-devel] [OPW 201412] Please help track ongoing qualification tasks

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at osg.samsung.com
Tue Oct 7 04:07:36 CEST 2014

Hi everyone

Also linked from our landing page, you will find qualification tasks
been tracked here:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/OPW/2014-12-Qualis

Please help updating that. If you already helped an applicant
selecting a suitable qualification tasks, then you are "qualification
mentor" for it.

[bikesheding alert] Complexity index

We will need a way to measure the applicant's performance against some
kind of common complexity index. Quite humorously and naive, I stabbed
there a mmh unit, meaning "Median Michael Hours", or, how many days
would it take Michael to come up with a proper fix for the task at
hand. Pretty sure those who aren't laughing at this already will have a
better idea for a complexity index. If so, please discuss on a separate
thread and we can change it once something less LOLable has been
choosen.

Oh, almost forgot, it's the Qualification Mentor's task to suggest
that number, Guess Michael can have a run at them latter and correct
any wrongs.

Please do reserve some time to keep the table updated.

Thanks for all your help ppl!

Bests,

--
Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet