[FFmpeg-devel] Bug in flac demuxer?

Marcus Johnson bumblebritches57 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 20:30:55 CEST 2014

I don't have access to my command line atm, but i was using the channel map feature to split a 24 bit 192khz 5.1 flac file into 6 mono wave files, and ffmpeg would downcovert it to 16 bit unless i added -acodec pcm_s24le after each -map flag, shouldn't ffmpeg read the bit depth of the input file and use that instead of assuming the file is 16 bit like it currently does?

Originally i was splitting it to mono flacs but i couldn't set the bit depth without using wave so i had to change it.