[FFmpeg-devel] ffprobe shows errors on ts file

airwolf airwolf at crazytux.org
Mon Sep 22 09:37:53 CEST 2014

On 09/20/2014 02:36 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> >
>> >following file shows a bunch of errors in ffprobe:
>> >https://www.dropbox.com/s/04djuv4zn0l4lkx/espn.ts?dl=0
>> >
>> >I'm not an expert in decoding that's why I try to ask here.
>> >I converted the file to mp4 and used the mp4toannexb filter, then I
>> >used h264analyze.
>> >You can find the output below:
>> >https://www.dropbox.com/s/88r838f5bbb7fs8/h264.log?dl=0
> Is there some decoder/player that can play this better ?
I'm not sure if there is some decoder/player out there, that is capable
of playing it any better.
It's an American TV channel, that's why I asked if anyone can tell me
that it's encoded wrong or if American channels are just special and
therefore need special handling.
I'm interested if I'm right when saying the value of num_ref_frames has
to match the number of B-Frames in GOP?