[FFmpeg-devel] EBP

Niklas Fondberg niklas.fondberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:23:03 CEST 2015

Hi
In the current project we are using ffmpeg for encoding multi-bitrate live
streams towards an external OTT packager and I have a question:

Are there any patches or work with the CableLabs ATS standard and with
Encoder Boundary Points in particular?
http://www.cablelabs.com/wp-content/uploads/specdocs/OC-SP-EBP-I01-130118.pdf

Some info from the specification:
"The Encoder Boundary Point (EBP) Structure is a signaling mechanism that
can provide a hinting mechanism for taking continuous streams conditioned
for adaptive streaming and creating discrete chunks of decodable content
with boundaries in one component stream in the multiplex (Fragment) or
across the multiplex (Segment)”

//
Niklas Fondberg