[FFmpeg-devel] HEVC decoder debug in ffmpeg

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Apr 2 13:27:58 CEST 2015

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 10:41:11PM -0400, Zhan Ma wrote:
> Dear experts
>
> I am trying to do step-by-step debugging of HEVC decoder in ffmpeg for a detailed study.  I created the eclipse project for ffmpeg and then compile the ffmpeg using --enable-static and --enable-debug.  However, it seems that I can't get into the low-level functions of HEVC, such as hls_coding_unit() in libavcodec/hevc.c.  Anything is missed here? Thanks very much for your comments.

the ffmpeg_g binary contains debug symbols you should use it or use
--disable-stripping
you also may want to use --disable-optimizations if your study is
unaffected by the speed of the code as it should reduce function
inlining

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf