[FFmpeg-devel] Question regarding inter-filter communication

Bahram Dahi bahram.dahi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 17:28:18 CEST 2015

This is my first email to the list and I apologize in advance if I'm
breaking some sort of rule by doing a mass email.

I am developing a couple of specialized filters for ffmpeg, where the first
filter would find some regions of interest (ROIs) on some frames and the
second filter (if present in the filter chain) would mark those ROIs. To be
able to achieve this, I need a way to pass the ROI information (let's say
an array of x,y points) in any reasonable format to the second optional
filter. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks,

-Bahram