[FFmpeg-devel] Ticket4753 question

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Fri Aug 7 19:24:13 CEST 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/15, Ganesh Ajjanagadde <gajjanag at mit.edu> wrote:
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4753:
>> The issue seems to come from the fact that there are multiple frames per
>> packet.
>> In fact, the duration field of the packet is set incorrectly,
>> and reports the duration of a single frame only (80).
>> Unfortunately, I do not know about where/how this needs to be done,
>> but can do this if a dev outlines the process.
>
> Write trivial g729_parser which splits input into 8 byte packets.

Thanks, I have implemented the 8 byte case.

> Problem is how to tell parser from demuxer that another non 8 byte
> mode is in operation.
> Because decoder operates in one of two modes, either 8 byte or 10 byte.

This is tricky. A dirty but simple solution would be to add a field to
the priv_data of the avctx,
i.e to G729Context to represent the format, and use that in the parser.
I have not seen any other parser do this though.

Note that the parser is quite limited in what it can see:
the AVCodecParserContext can't contain this information as far as I can tell,
so only AVCodecContext can.
In this case I don't know how to do this without resorting to the priv_data.

Any suggestions?