[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Weekly report (libswscale)

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Aug 11 21:29:15 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 03:17:55PM -0300, Pedro Arthur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The past week I worked on refactoring the vertical scaler code.
> The vertical scaler was not split in scaling pass and color conversion pass
> (as the horizontal scaler)
> because the output functions currently merge these passes and it would
> require rewriting all these
> functions.
> This week I should clean up the code, check the new code performance and
> get the patch ready
> for push.

./ffmpeg -i lena.pnm -s 4096x2048 test.mp4
segfaults

./ffmpeg -i fate-suite/cine/bayer_gbrg8.cine  -vf scale=300:300 -vframes 1 img.jpg
all green image

./ffplay -i ~/videos/lena.pnm -vf format=yuv410p
mostly green

also please submit patches more often than once a week(as theres
little time left) and if you
easily can then please split the patch into one for horizontal and
one for vertical. But if this is alot of work then leave it rather
in one patch.
For example if you could get the horizontal code bug free without
speed regression then that could be pushed and the amount of
code to work on would be half ...

It is what and why we do it that matters, not just one of them.