[FFmpeg-devel] trying ffprobe on AAC file with LATM fails

Venelin Efremov veffremov.ve at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 07:47:16 CEST 2015

Hi Carl,

Sorry, I'm not on the ffmpeg devel list and I did not see your question
earlier.

The file is produced by an iPhone streaming audio via bluetooth and
using AAC encoding instead of the usual SBC.

For each packed I added the sync header 11 bits 0x2b7 + 13 bits packet
length. 3 bytes total. The LATM demux code in ffmpeg was expecting
this header.

If I remove the 3 byte header I can decode the bitstream using the
Fraunhofer AAC decoder (FDK).