[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH] Several, actually, regarding the QuickTime palette issue in Matroska
lou at lrcd.com
Thu Dec 17 21:23:03 CET 2015
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 07:58:27 +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
> And based on Michael Niedermayer's statement regarding the goal of
> having FFmpeg "support all kinds of odd and broken files", why aren't
> you people more interested in fixing this long-standing issue regarding
> palettized QuickTime video in Matroska?
I don't actually know what your patch does, but we are always
interested in fixing issues.
There are two main issues we are facing:
1. We simply cannot apply your patch, so therefore it can't be tested
2. Nobody has the time or motivation to go through your changes and
turn them into a proper patch
1. Install Git and configure it:
$ git config --global user.name "Your Name"
$ git config --global user.email "me at example.com"
2. Download the repo:
$ git clone git://source.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git ffmpeg
3. Navigate to ffmpeg directory and make a branch:
$ git checkout -b mats
4. Apply your patches and/or make your changes.
5. Commit your changes. Give a proper title and message (see examples
on ffmpeg-devel). Also see --amend option if you want to make
more changes later.
$ git commit -as
6. Review your changes:
$ git log -p -2
7. Make patch (or setup and use "git send-email"):
$ rm -rf patches
$ git format-patch -o patches origin/master
8. Attach and email the resulting file in patches directory. Make sure
to use a mail client that does not mangle it.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel