[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for libavcodec dvdec.c

Dan Haddix dan6992 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:45:39 CET 2015

This is a patch for the bug filed here...

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/5092

as described in the bug report the current code is designed against the SMPTE 314M spec, which only applies to SD content. In the SMPTE 370M spec they have flipped the meaning of "field 1" and "field 2" so the bits in the VAUX mean the opposite with regards to TFF or BFF. This patch checks the resolution of the video and if it exceeds the resolution allowed by SMPTE 314M then it flips the top_field_first flag.

This is my first patch so hopefully I did it correctly. If not let me know and I will fix it.

Dan