[FFmpeg-devel] phasing out asyntcs, resample

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 02:53:05 CET 2015

On 12/22/2015 1:44 AM, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
> May be missing something, but "See the ffmpeg-resampler manual for the
> complete list of supported options. " followed by man ffmpeg-resampler
> shows first_pts as a supported option.

Oh, indeed; never used to be. Apologies.

Looks like the public documents on ffmpeg.org lack a link to it from the filter's
page, and I missed it (saying see 'ffmpeg-resample' on an HTML page isn't very
useful when it's not actually called that outside of the man page).

As a side note, I'm not sure to whom this is a 'maintenance burden' to. There are
far sillier things that are actually maintenance burdens, if that's what you're aiming
to fix (e.g. 2x prores encoder/decoder, 2x asf demuxers, etc.).

- Derek