[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Exporting the alpha mode from decoders

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 6 13:06:45 CET 2015

wm4 <nfxjfg <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> It's not consistently done,

I worked (hard) on doing it consistently,
please point me to the missing codecs.

A possible reason for missing Camtasia is
that I did not find a 32 bit sample (so I
could not decide if alpha is hidden in the
encoded image or not).

> doesn't account for the garbage case (RGB0
> means the alpha component is always 0, right?)

No, I believe it means that you must ignore
the alpha component. I always thought that
this is never a disadvantage, am I missing
something?

Carl Eugen