[FFmpeg-devel] Question about supported_fps in libavutil/timecode.c::check_fps

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Sat Jan 24 21:30:32 CET 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 09:09:05PM +0100, wm4 wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 18:37:01 +0000
> Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 1/24/2015 4:33 PM, wm4 wrote:
> > > Which ones? We even expect C99 support from the compiler.
> >
> > Doesn't matter. It's the project's policy to have decls at
> > block beginnings. Yes some of us think it's better.
> >
> > We know you don't. Don't start an ideological troll war.
>
> Having dumb policies is fine, but then don't use broken compilers as
> excuse. Just say it's your policy to do it this way, even if there's no
> technical necessity.

       -Wdeclaration-after-statement (C and Objective-C only)
           Warn when a declaration is found after a statement in a block.
           This construct, known from C++, was introduced with ISO C99 and
           is by default allowed in GCC.  It is not supported by ISO C90 and
           was not supported by GCC versions before GCC 3.0.

We used to support GCC < 3.0. I don't think we still have a FATE instance for
it. But it still generates a warning, so we can somehow consider modern
compilers don't "like it" either. If "choke" was not appropriate, sorry
about that.

--
Clément B.