[FFmpeg-devel] New Server

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Wed Jul 29 14:18:01 CEST 2015

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 19:06:02 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

> I intend to accept 2 of the offers below for redundancy, again if you
> think something else should be done, speak now!

hi

did anyone explain to the hosts that we get copyright claims and abuse
mails because of files we host wrongly trigger anti virus scanners?

we should review those policies before accepting any offer (except vlc
because they understand this already).

what i mean is, currently there is an abuse mail sent to our host (and
ubitux) because of some rtmpdump builds triggering antivirus. will the
new host immediately shut our service down until we "fix" this? will
they send us angry emails? and we have only 3h to respond?

i think our host's internet provider is sometimes notified at the
backbone that there is a domain hosting viruses on their network. will
our new host cave into pressure based on that?

theres a lot of weird stuff that goes on behind the scenes of a
website host, gabuchino dealt with a lot of crap over the years, he
would have some good advice.

so my question to the internet hosts is:
have you dealt with this before and do you understand that anti virus
software frequently tags open source software as viruses?

-compn

(p.s. reposting to cc, sorry for dup)