[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpegs future and resigning as leader

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Jul 31 18:19:14 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 05:37:12PM +0200, Clément Bœsch wrote:
[...]
> So in order for the community to continue this, I'd say we probably need
> to have some help for:
>
> - guidelines on the merge strategies
> - step-by-step on the release process

> - some overview on the sysadmin state (like, what happens with the recent
>   server offers?)

i accepted the 2 offers which noone objected against (on the ML),
so FFmpeg should
get 2 boxes that things can be moved to and which should be dependable
it does need volunteers doing the work.
Maybe lou, beastd, tim nich, roberto and you would be willing to help
move things to them
it was discussed to move things into virtual machines (qemu) for
higher security, isolation and ease of future moving.
moving to the new servers could be done before or after moving to VMs
of course or while doing it in the same step

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates