[FFmpeg-devel] GCC 5.1 warning: -Warray-bounds

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jun 4 12:42:20 CEST 2015

Ganesh Ajjanagadde <gajjanag <at> mit.edu> writes:

> I think it would be great if ffmpeg could be
> built warning-free

I am sure nobody here is against compiling FFmpeg
without warnings but I wonder if it is possible
and if it is worth the effort.

> Which option do the devs here prefer?

Not related to your actual issue:
It has shown more success in the past to send
actual patches instead of asking for opinions
beforehand.

I suspect that asserts in not speed-relevant
code where it is very difficult to understand
if an array access gets out-of-bound or not
would be acceptable (but that may only be me).

Carl Eugen