[FFmpeg-devel] Post-processing filter Documentation

Peter Cordes pcordes at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:37:03 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 6:23 AM, arwa arif <arwaarif1994 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 02:30:29PM +0530, arwa arif wrote:

> > > I used this command to create the query image:
> > > ffmpeg -i matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg -b:v 200k matrixbench_mpeg2-lq.mpg

The wiki page just says "compressed to 200kbps", which is not nearly enough
information.  I was going to just update that in the wiki, but then ended
up replacing a bunch of the earlier text.

 Before, it didn't even mention that modern codecs have built-in
deblocking, and usually don't look better when you PP.  Anyway, I rewrote a
lot of stuff, and I think it's a lot more informative now.