[FFmpeg-devel] DCA Decoder

Marcus Johnson bumblebritches57 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:42:48 CET 2015

I've been working on adding XLL for the last couple months, it's still not
quite complete, basically I have to combine the Core and XLL samples before
it's output, and I also have to finish the latter stages of decoding the
XLL like channel decorreclation, and post processing.

There are a few issues thought.

1: My code doesn't have the most recent chances from master, how do I fix
this?

2: I read that you'd prefer for code to be small and self contained, but
how can I do that when the later functions directly require earlier ones?

3: I've been using the variable names the white paper uses which doesn't
match your guidelines, obviously they need to be renamed but I'm not sure
what else you guys want me to do with that?

4: currently almost all of the variables are being stored in DCAContext and
accessed in different functions this way, I assume this is looked down upon
and you'll want me to change this style to use the variables in the
disparate functions when it's called rather than passing it around the
backend, is this correct?

That said, I've rewritten the ExSS code, ExSS Asset Descriptor,  XLL, and
XLL ChSet functions are completely ready to go.