[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: GSoC: APNG

Donny Yang work at kota.moe
Sat Mar 28 10:12:10 CET 2015

Sorry for the delay. I was a bit busy this week.

On 25 March 2015 at 09:59, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> is there any advantage for multiple small IDATs ?
> if not i suggest to make the IDAT change to png as well in a seperate
> patch so that a single frame APNG and PNG produce identical data
> and especially so that the introduction of APNG does not change PNG
> files

Having multiple small IDAT sections is simply to make the encoder easier to
write.
For now, I've left it how it is, but now the APNG encoder and muxer
produces identical output to PNG before.

I've also changed my edits to libavcodec a fair bit as well after thinking
more carefully about the next steps in implementing a full APNG encoder.
The APNG encoder currently just outputs normal PNG headers and IDAT chunks,
while the muxer adds the necessary headers for APNG and converts the IDAT
chunks to fdAT where needed.

On 28 March 2015 at 18:24, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dana 28. 3. 2015. 04:56 osoba "Donny Yang" <work at kota.moe> napisala je:
> > On 28 March 2015 at 04:36, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> The style of code inside patch do not match other files in codebase,
> >> look at style of other files inside codebase.
> >
> > I assume you're referring to the opening brace style on functions?
> >
> Yes.

Okay, I've fixed them.

Also, I just realised I'm not supposed to be sending more than one patch
per email.
I've put them again for this email, but what should I do instead next time?