[FFmpeg-devel] Fix bug: libavcodec/ppc/h264dsp.c

rongyan rongyan236 at foxmail.com
Thu May 14 09:31:15 CEST 2015

Hi,
 We got defective video when use GCC 4.9.2 instead of GCC 4.9.1 to compile FFMEPG. And further found that GCC 4.8 and 4.9 need patch to fix the lvsl/lvsr bug on POWER LE, and GCC 5.1 contains the correct code since its release. The message on gcc-patches requesting approval for lvsl/lvsr patch is at https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2014-10/msg00228.html.

 So we create this patch to fix the lvsl bug for libavcodec/ppc/h264dsp.c, the fixed code avoid using lvsl and will not depends on GCC version, also it uses less instructions on POWER LE.

 The fate test before fixing is:

 And after fixing is:

 Thanks for your review.

 Rong Yan

   The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.