[FFmpeg-devel] UDP constant bitrate feature (cbr)

Zach Swena zcybercomputing at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 05:54:13 CET 2015

> A proper ts remuxer is quite a different beast to what FFmpeg is
> designed to do. As much as people try it can't be hacked into the
> FFmpeg paradigm which is largely based around converting static files
> of fixed codecs/resolutions in a nonrealtime environment from A to B.

Why is there a udp stream output option then?  Are you trying to say that
this isn't a bug because FFmpeg isn't supposed to be able to stream?  I am
using FFmpeg mpeg2video as the encoder and multiplexing with mpegts.  The
data FFmpeg produces is fine, it just doesn't send it quite right.  This
isn't a multiplexing problem, it is a udp streaming option.  I asked a
simple question.  Is udp.c supposed to work with any other multiplexer then
mpegts?  In my experience it doesn't.  If that is by design, then it
shouldn't be hard to fix this problem.  If not, then it becomes a little
more complicated.

Zach