[FFmpeg-devel] support for reading / writing encrypted MP4 files

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 00:56:00 CET 2015

On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 12:10:43 +0000
Eran Kornblau <eran.kornblau at kaltura.com> wrote:
> Before we start working on this feature, since we really prefer not
> to manage our own fork of the code, we wanted to check with you
> whether you will be willing to merge such a feature ? (assuming it
> conforms to the coding standards, naturally)

yes, we have support for encrypted wmv so there should be no problem.

try to reuse the crypt code from ffmpeg/libavutil/* where possible. or
consider adding whatever en/decrypt code you need, as we do not like to
use too many external libs.

the more communication you have with ffmpeg developers or the mailing
list, the less problems you will have when merging time happens.

you may also want to post any work in progress patches or do request
for comments on any ideas, so developers do not object about strange
api additions to the code.

feel free to ask any questions.

-compn