[FFmpeg-devel] Can we drop OpenJPEG 1.5 in favor of 2.x?

Timothy Gu timothygu99 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 20:28:41 CEST 2015

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 11:03 AM James Almer <jamrial at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gentoo and Debian both seem to ship it. Arch does as well but on their
> Community repository (ffmpeg adopting it may be incentive enough for them
> to move it to Extra).

In fact, at least two of the reverse dependencies (out of 8, not counting
duplicates) of the Arch openjpeg package already support openjpeg2 (poppler
and gst-plugins-bad).

I would prefer if we keep compat for both since Ubuntu 14.04 LTS doesn't
have openjpeg2 yet, and that's unfortunately not going away any time soon.

Timothy