[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting on Saturday 2015-09-12, UTC 15:00

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Fri Sep 11 10:07:46 CEST 2015

Le quartidi 24 fructidor, an CCXXIII, Ganesh Ajjanagadde a écrit :
> A less important issue; but I think a clear stance on use of
> Github/Gitorious and their pull request development model would be
> useful. I think it is clear that in general many people here do not
> like it, and repeated comments on the FFmpeg Github page discourage
> it. However, a user checking out README.md (which is the document
> people see on Github) does not have an explicit note on this; and
> instead only a hyperlink to the documentation which again lacks full
> clarity on this point. My own proposed solution is an added line to
> README.md clearly stating that FFmpeg does not do pull requests from
> Github, and instead that we use the mailing list. This will hopefully
> reduce the number of pull requests on Github; thus avoiding
> fragmentation of development discussion.

I agree, I find the rise of this kind of pull requests rather annoying: they
frequently require to use a web browser, and even a fully javascript-enabled
web browser, with awful accessibility (keyboard access, font settings). I
already find handling tickets with Trac rather annoying for that reason, I
hope we can continue to work from the comfort of a good mail client.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George