[FFmpeg-devel] ffprobe -debug 1: Output for FFV1 inconsistent

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Sep 15 01:32:23 CEST 2015

On 09/13/2015 11:48 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> - What is "keyframe"?
> a random access point

I'm not sure what your answer means.
I understand that "A keyframe" is a random access point. The flag in
ffprobe's output seems to always be "1".
I thought it might be the same as "intra" in FFV1.3's ffprobe output,
but it doesn't go to "0" when GOP>1.

>> - FFV1.1 has "slices"?
> one could argue that any codec without slices has 1 slice per frame

True.
I just found it a bit confusing to have "slices" mentioned in FFV1 <
version 2.

>> - "colorspace" only in FFV1.3
>> - "intra" only in FFV1.3
>> - "alpha" only in FFV1.3
>> - keyword "global:" only in FFV1.3
>>

>> Why is that so?
> The code parsing the headers differs and so does the debug printout
> i think noone thought about / noticed these differences before

Thanks for clearing that up.

Regards,
Pb