[FFmpeg-devel] Voting committee

Yayoi Ukai yayoi.ukai at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:07:15 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM, wm4 <nfxjfg at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 16.09.2015 07:32, Yayoi Ukai wrote:
>
>> I also thought that it was wrong that how some of the FFmpeg developer
>> treated/regarded this Outreachy
>> organization. For example, it seemed that Outreachy was regarded more
>> like a source of cheap
>> talented labor to accomplish FFmpeg agenda further rather than an
>> instrument for FFmpeg to be more inclusive organization.
>> It is not respectable to Outreachy which helped to raise funds for
>> interns and look for
>> the talent to work for the FFmpeg and put a lot of work on these
>> activities while they were only hoping to
>> the betterment of the us.
>

> I don't get this mindset. FFmpeg is an open source software project, and of
> course the main focus is on developing software. Further, everyone is free
> to work on it for free (without _any_ compensation). Outreachy candidates
> were even paid for their work.
>
> So whatever you expected for Outreachy, why can't you simply make the best
> of it?

Hi,

When I was reading the past email/conversation, I remembered that I
got an impression
that Outreachy was regarded as more like a  "contractor" in the way
Outreachy was mentioned.
(we want to get xyz done but we have to pay x amount of money to them.)

However, I looked through the email in the past and I couldn't find
the record of
it. (It looks all reasonable to me.) So I must have been mistaken.

Please forget about what I said and I am sorry about the confusion.