[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Include more developers in the voting committee

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Fri Sep 25 19:06:23 CEST 2015

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:42:18 +0200
Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 12:55:11PM +0200, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> > Hi Voting Committee
> >
> > This mail is an attempt to try out the process described on
> > http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-September/178858.html
> >
> > This thread is a call for the following people:
> >     Michael Niedermayer
> >     Clément Bœsch
> >     James Almer
> >     Paul B Mahol
> >     Carl Eugen Hoyos
> >     Andreas Cadhalpun
> >     Ronald S. Bultje
> >     wm4
> >     Lukasz Marek
> >     Rostislav Pehlivanov
> >     Hendrik Leppkes
> >     Christophe Gisquet
> >     Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet
> >
> > As a first discussion, I'd like to discuss the introduction of new
> > people to this list (alphabetical order).
> >
> >     Nicolas George
> >     Rodger Combs
> >     Stefano Sabatini
> >     Timothy Gu
> >
> > I personally would like these people to join the group.

what no fabrice on the list? alex b? kieran?

whats the reason for not just including anyone who wants to vote on any
particular issue again?

is this all about just cutting out old devels? how many old devels even
still read and reply to the list without committing or developing?
zero? iive is still around maintaining xvmc support i guess.

not that i really care, just curious.

i remember having arpi and gabu on the list really scared some people.
even ronald is still talking about them 4 years later.

let it goooooooo, let it goooooooooo

(what no llogan or compn on the list either bah)

(yes, i still do some trac, patch review on ffmpeg-devel,
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-May/172673.html
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-August/177178.html
ffmpeg-web commits as well.
http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-cvslog/2015-July/091423.html )