[FFmpeg-devel] How to handled gzip'd files?

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Mon Apr 4 18:03:02 CEST 2016

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 09:02:27 -0400
"Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Do we have a way to transparently decompress?
>

> Why would we? It's not like this is commonplace across all formats,
> it's only present in a handful, and we can deal with it on a
> case-by-case basis, just as we handle compressed mov. Right?

if we have gzip demuxer and probe gzip compression... then pass it onto
probe after decompressing?

its not like compressed mov because the compressed mov header is inside
of the regular mov container (iirc).

there are a lot of video files that are zipped or rared.
also zip compressed image files , example cbz/cbr.

can we get zip/rar demuxer?

some video players are able to play multipart rar video files.

i understand that its still a low priority.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4374

-compn