[FFmpeg-devel] Support master branch of OpenJPEG and Grok J2K codecs

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Tue Apr 5 20:11:28 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 05, 2016 at 09:54:45AM +0000, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Aaron Boxer <boxerab <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I still think the advantages (i.e. closing the application
> > server loophole)c outweigh this disadvantage.
>
> I believe the mistake you make here is the main reason for
> this whole fruitless discussion including the misunderstandings.

I wouldn't call it "mistake" but rather a
difference in opinion, but otherwise +1.
In my view it is "closing a loophole by throwing
your users under the bus", and while the license is
very vague in any reading of it the effectiveness
of closing the loophole seems proportional to the
throwing under the bus...