[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Aug 17 15:03:29 EEST 2016

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 07:18:13PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 11:25:21PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > The next Outreachy round starts soon
> > FFmpeg has till august 22 IIUC (https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/)
> > to express interrest to participate.
> >
> > We need an admin and backup admins.
>
> ping!

ping2

so far the only person doing anything was compn
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/Outreachy/2016-12?action=history

I think there are 2 questions that the community needs to awnser

first, should FFmpeg be participating in the december 2016 round
of Outreachy ?

If so, some people need to come forth with projects to mentor.
Ive previously asked people privatly one by one i wont do that this
time its a surprissingly large amount of work and anyone else, even
a non programer could ask / organize this and probably better than i
can, asking people is not by strong side ...
And someone needs to come forth as "Admin"

Second is the question, which project ideas the community wants and
which we do not want.
To me it appeard that there was a disparity between objections to
proojects and suggestions for projects. I think we need more people
suggesting projects and volunteering to mentor than objections against
project ideas

Thanks

PS: keep in mind august 22 is the official deadline for FFmpeg to
join IIUC. We need some project idea with a mentor first before any
potential admin would contact the Outreachy admins for joining i
suspect ...

Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in
ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners. -- Vladimir Lenin