[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 13:45:11 EEST 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc
> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 07:18:13PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 11:25:21PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > The next Outreachy round starts soon
> > > FFmpeg has till august 22 IIUC (https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/)
> > > to express interrest to participate.
> > >
> > > We need an admin and backup admins.
> >
> > ping!
>
> ping2
>
> so far the only person doing anything was compn
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/Outreachy/
> 2016-12?action=history
>
> I think there are 2 questions that the community needs to awnser
>
> first, should FFmpeg be participating in the december 2016 round
> of Outreachy ?
>
> If so, some people need to come forth with projects to mentor.

I have proposed vp8a/vp9a support. An appropriate qualification task is to
detect the appropriate segment from the AVPacket input in the native ffvp9
or ffvp8 decoder (it's identical in both, so one is enough) and extend the
AVFrame output to contain an empty alpha plane. That patch should go
through a few cycles of review although it's unlikely to be applied by
itself.

However, I'm on vacation and my internet isn't great so I can't edit the
wiki by myself. So for this to work, someone else needs to edit the wiki
for me. I also won't be on IRC much until end of this month.

Ronald