[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] avcodec/als: Add ALS encoder

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 20:59:12 EEST 2016

On 8/29/2016 2:17 PM, Umair Khan wrote:
>>> +    if (HAVE_MMX)
>> >
>> > breaks build on non x86 as the function declaration / prototype is
>> > not there in that case
> What should I do with this then? I'm not too aware of how the whole
> code works because I didn't originally write it.
> So, I'll need some help here. :)

Use ARCH_X86 instead of HAVE_MMX. Don't wrap the ff_window_init_mmx
declaration in the header with any pre-processor check, and also
rename it to ff_window_init_x86 since there's no mmx code whatsoever.
This all of course after it's been ported to yasm. As i said earlier
you can keep that for a latter patch and focus on the encoder without
all the assembly optimization part.

For that matter, shouldn't this code be added to lpc.c/h instead of a
new file? Chances are you may be duplicating parts of it as well.