[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Revoke the decision of dropping ffserver

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:41:12 EET 2016

On 11/28/2016 3:15 PM, Nicolas George wrote:
> Deadline: 2016-12-06 00:00 UTC.
> I propose, and put to the discussion, that the decision to drop ffserver
> is revoked, conditioned to the fixing of the technical issues that lead
> to it.
> In other words, if the technical problems that require dropping ffserver
> are resolved at the time it is about to be dropped, then it must not be
> and the patch is not applied.

As asked before, what would be the deadline? 3.3 or next major bump?

There are still some unsolved technical problems, even after Michael
fixed years of complains alone in one week. So at the current state,
even with this vote passing ffserver will still be scheduled for
removal in an upcoming release.

In any case, I confirm I'm against this motion to revoke the decision.
I have stated the reasons why i still want the current course of action
to remain as such more than once in the other thread.
I'm not going to repeat myself, and I'm pretty much done being ganged
up on, insulted and fallaciously threatened with the CoC by people here.

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list