[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC v4] libbavcodec: add a native decoder for the Daala video codec

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 02:06:26 CET 2016

Oh and by the way the title of the article is "Maintaining
Permissive-Licensed Files in a GPL-Licensed Project: Guidelines for
Developers". I read most of it and I'm under the impression that this is
about keeping BSD code inside LGPL code but still allowing the BSD code to
be used outside of the project as BSD. What we want to do here is taking
BSD code, modifying it and distributing it under the LGPL without actually
having to keep the code as BSD.
The page discusses quite a lot about keeping the copyright of the original
code which is something that we do. We wouldn't alter the original
copyright but only the conditions which the code is distributed with. And
since we keep all the original conditions and add new ones as per the LGPL,
we should be allowed to do this since the BSD license does not say anything
about it, as long as the copyright, not the license, remains intact.