[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2016

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Wed Jan 27 22:56:32 CET 2016

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:03:32 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Is there anyone who wants to be (backup) admin for GSoC 2016 ?
> also the GSoC page on the wiki needs to be put into shape for it
>
> Stefano, Reynaldo, you did it last year IIRC, are you available again ?
> someone else ?
>
> we should ideally have at least 3 admins
>
> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline

I'll consider it, but I'm not particularly excited about it.

As for the wiki, perhaps a rolling, generic ProjectIdeas page would be
easier to manage and keep up to date than copying stuff from
year-to-year and various project-to-project. It can be considered to be
the "git master branch" of the sponsored project ideas. I occasionally
think "that may make a good project", then forgetting because there is
no central location, or if there is I'm ignorant of it.