[FFmpeg-devel] Workaround for VS 2015 Update 1 bug

Bruce Dawson brucedawson at google.com
Thu Jan 28 22:13:59 CET 2016

I hit a VS 2015 Update 1 code-gen bug that causes an string array to not be
null-terminated. I've already landed a patch in Chromium's downstream copy,
to unblock the failing test and I wanted to offer up the same patch for the
main ffmpeg repo.

The patch is attached. It's quite simple. There are other workarounds that
also work but this is the one that landed in Chromium's copy so I prefer
it, to avoid conflicts.

The bug has been confirmed by Microsoft and should be fixed in the next
version of the compiler.

--
Bruce Dawson