[FFmpeg-devel] mxfenc: Writes incomplete Video Line Map for progressive content

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Fri Jan 29 11:28:38 CET 2016

On Do, 2016-01-28 at 15:25 +0100, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> since the following commit
> https://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commit;h=8ed82d8174a666f80ab8834e3617cbe91ae740a9
> mxfenc is only writing one value for progressive content.
> Unfortunately the commit comes without any explanation at all.
>

> SMPTE S377-1-2009c (the version I have) defines in F.4.1 that the field
> is always 8 + 8 bytes. That is, 4 bytes number of values, 4 bytes value
> size. And then 2 32 bit integers with the actual values.
>
> G.2.12 then clarifies that even more and says that for FULL_FRAME frame
> layout it would always be {first line number, 0}. Example given there
> 720p would be {26, 0}.
>

> Unless a later version of the standard somehow changes something there,
> I would say that this commit should be reverted.

This is also something that the IRT MXF analyser complains about, which
can be found here and you can get free registrations for checking a few
files: https://mxf-analyser-cloud.irt.de

Sample output can be found here, see the error at the top:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jaaiqwtcky3huy2/ffmpeg_result.pdf?dl=0

Best regards,
Sebastian