[FFmpeg-devel] ffbox0 server hosting

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Tue Jul 19 20:32:01 EEST 2016

Hi,

As stated in previous meeting¹ I'd like to stop paying for ffbox0. This is
not exactly an issue today for me, but I feel like it could be avoided.
There was a need for a fast solution a while ago, but it's now long past
that time (it was about one year ago), and I'd like to be discharged from
this.

So on 19th October 2016 (3 months from now), I will close the ffbox0
subscription.

Note that this is not only a money problem, it comes with a hosting
responsibility I'd like to get rid of; I'm thinking notably about the
abuse complaints I got wrt rtmpdump (because yes, this box is not only for
the FFmpeg project, but also all kind of other projects I have absolutely
0 interest in funding, hosting and taking responsibility for myself).

Regards,

[1]: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/FFmeeting/2016-05

--
Clément B.