[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Jul 25 03:19:41 EEST 2016

Hi

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 03:36:53PM -0700, Yayoi Ukai wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2016 10:18 AM, "Michael Niedermayer" <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 11:25:21PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > The next Outreachy round starts soon
> > > FFmpeg has till august 22 IIUC (https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/)
> > > to express interrest to participate.
> > >
> > > We need an admin and backup admins.
> >
> > ping!
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm happy to help with the administrative tasks of this project. As far as
> Outreachy goes, I will not be able to fully commit as a participant. I can
> help with fundraising, recruitment, and any administrarative tasks that you
> would like me to assist with. I would be happy to contribute code, but I
> would be limited to 10 hours per week working on small coding projects. I
> attempted to familiarise myself with Trac, but there are still some aspects
> of it I need guidance with. If there are any documentation available that I
> am not aware of, I would be happy to review it.

about trac in general there is:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/TracGuide

but simply looking at some existing trac wiki page (by clicking on
"Edit this page" but not changing it just looking at whats there
for various constructs) should explain the trac wiki well enough
to create new pages ...

you can also use the text from "Edit this page" to copy wiki text
to a new page like copying parts of the last outreachy page to a new

If you like you surely can create the next outreachy page from the
previous Outreachy and GSoC page
It would be needed to check that the mentors and admins listed
previously are still able to spend te time & available and that
their projects are still available too.

Also people should be suggested to help improve the page. add projects,
volunteer as mentors, and so on ...

[...]

thanks

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.