[FFmpeg-devel] [GSoC] MLP/TrueHD encoder

Jai Luthra me at jailuthra.in
Thu Jul 28 10:48:01 EEST 2016

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I'll fix these issues tonight.

> more generally, is everything going acording to plan ?
> anything that you need help with ?

For now everything is going good. I ping atomnuker for updates or
whenever I'm stuck.

I've managed to encode 2-channel audio to a valid TrueHD bitstream
(decodes via ffmpeg).
I'm working on support for multiple channels for both MLP and TrueHD.
It is trivial for MLP, but doesn't look so for TrueHD; but I can
figure it out by comparing with the decoder.

I'll also need to test if the bitstream decodes on hardware and the
proprietary suite.

Cheers,
Jai Luthra