[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.1 name

Amancio Hasty ahasty at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 06:54:54 CEST 2016

> On Jun 24, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 06:52:01PM -0700, Amancio Hasty wrote:

>>> Laplace (Rostislav, Bodecs)
>>> Carl (Paul)
>>> Lorentz (Bodecs)
>>> fibonacci (Compn)
>>> [list of people from june] (Gregory)
>>> Hypatia (Kyle)
>>>
>>> Laplace got suggested twice, everything else once
>>> Thus the winner is Laplace
>>>
>>> i intend to make the release tomorrow (saturday) from what is in git
>>> master unless people want me to wait ?
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> --
>>> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>>>
>>> Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
>>> temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety -- Benjamin Franklin
>>
>> Can we till Aman finishes his omx/h264 encoding?
>>
>> Again lots of people in the RPI commute are waiting for this and
>> it looks like the finishing touch does not required much work…
>
> we are 1 month behind shedule
> we make releases once about every 3 months
>
> There is always a feature that will be finished next week or next
> 3 days. If you always wait you never release.
>
> Also you didnt mention any timeframe for when this will be in git
> master
>
> do you think its really better if we delay the release and maybe in
> 2 weeks have 5 new regressions that rewuire us to wait another
> month to get them fixed and then theres anoter big feature that comes
> the week after it and so on.
> IMHO better release now, and release soon again.
>
> [...]
> --
> Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
>
> Dictatorship: All citizens are under surveillance, all their steps and
> actions recorded, for the politicians to enforce control.
> Democracy: All politicians are under surveillance, all their steps and
> actions recorded, for the citizens to enforce control.
It really depends on your intent and what do you wish to provide with
your release. We will have to wait till Aman tells us what is his next step.

With respect to RPI it has been over 2 years people have been waiting
for hardware assist h264 encoding…

Cheers
Amancio